Sunday, November 25, 2007

Seattle WA


Seattle WA
Originally uploaded by karahanmine

I went to Seattle, WA for the first time in my life. I had heard a lot about that city, however never had the chance to visit it. My trip lasted 5 days between 13th to 18th of November. I had a visit to the company I work for, joined some workshops and talked on a radio program. The company is located in Edmonds, some 30 minutes drive up to north. I had two days of spare time, I spent it with visiting Seattle.

Seattle is a grey town, with a beautiful skyline and ferries operating in Puget Sound. The city is almost a peninsula, it is surrounded by Puget Sound and Lake Washington. It is almost next to British Columbia, Canada. The picturesque Vancouver Island is easily accessible by ferry. The capital of British Columbia is called Victoria and it is located on the south of Vancouver Island. (not the city of Vancouver in BC mainland)

Seattle is basically famous for three things: The Space Needle, Starbucks and Public Market. Space Needle is a structure built in 1962 during World Fair, resembles a space needle as the name suggests, has a rotating restaurant and an observation deck where one can see Mount Rainier, Mount Baker, Elliot Bay and Olympic Mountains in a clear day. I did not go there because the weather was terrible. Starbucks was founded in 1912 right across the Public Market and Starbucks lovers can visit the first coffee shop opened like visiting a shrine.

Public Market is a market which is a little touristy now, has lots of fresh fish and vegetables and two famous lovely fish restaurants... Especially the one called "Athens" , where most of the scenes of the movie "Sleepless in Seattle" was shot is very cool...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When will you be in Cuzco? I may see you there :)

Anonymous said...

Merhaba Mine Ne Güzel Dünya turuna çıkmışsın. Başarılar dilerim.