Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pucón, Puerto Montt,Navimag and Puerto Natales...

It´s been almost 10 days that I could not refresh the blog. I guess I should be back with my adventures...

Lake CabourgaWe came to Pucon early in the morning...The place looked very much like Switzerland, all green, country houses, everything in wood, happy people...We found a cozy nice hostel and even tour which was going to Huerqueue National Park...We paid and signed up for the tour. Our guide was called Christian, he was talking way too much and way too fast! The other people in the 4WD were from the northern part of Chile, a couple...Pucon National ParkThe National Park was quite an experience for me, the hike was quite strenuous for my capacity, I had some trouble climbing but the views were breathtaking...We walked about 10 kms in total, with some crazy inclination, had a picnic by the lake and came back home at about 6 pm...I was dead tired and feeling pretty worn out, so I passed out at about 9 pm, after having some little food for dinner...I said to myself if I don´t get sick today, I won´t during the rest of my trip...

The next day, we did not go anywhere, just had a nice leisurely day, went to the Lake Cabourgua, I did some canoeing for 1/2 hour, had a nice lovely dinner and again...I bought a lovely wine and had it in the room...We bought our tickets for Puerto Montt from JAC and was ready to hit the road...Pucon National Park

It was a comfy journey to Puerto Montt. Puerto Montt is a small town,at a small bay from the Pacific and a center for the cruise ships and our ship Navimag. We reached there, found a hotel for about 50 USD, went to the shopping mall for stocking some food and having a dinner. I took a walk around the city by nite, it was raining, but clean and refreshing...The next day, we were not sure about the boarding time of Navimag, therefore we went there at the port at about 10:30. We got our boarding passes, left the backpacks and headed back to the mall to kill some time. Finally we were taken to the ship...The ship is like a cargo vessel, cars and TIRs are carried as well as passengers, they give all the meals and the journey takes 3 nites/4days...The ship left Puerto Montt Little village by the fjords2 hours after the scheduled departure time. We had bought the cheapest option, we were given a bed and a locker, and it was good. We hared the toilets and baths which were pretty clean...We had all the meals at a dining hall(comedor) with our own trays (self service), they showed some movies and did some talks...However, other than that, the views we passed through the fjords and channels of Chilean Patagonia were not that breathtaking. I got sick on the 2nd day, had Largest glaciar in South Americatonsilitis, got a shot of penicilin, could not drink wine, had to stay in bed most of the time...but the coffee was just 500 chilean pesos, there was sun, the meals were ok and ....it was good to be there...We did not meet many people, except for our American lady neighbor, the nurse who did the injection to me, the Brazilian family with the beautiful baby, Cayana...

Fjords of PatagoniaWe arrived in Puerto Natales at about 5 pm, were trying to get to El Calafate to see the Perito Moreno Glaciar but there was no bus for El Calafate, so we had to spend the night in Puerto Natales. It is a very tiny town, just for the Torres del Paine Park People and the cruise ships. We found a hotel for 50 USD, with great heating, warm shower and cable TV and just jumped on it. My throat was bad but I did some laundry, showered up and went to bed. The sun was setting very late there!

The next morning, we passed from Puerto Natales to El Calafate (Argentina) when we arrived, it was about 2:30 pm. It was too late for Piril to go to Perito Moreno Glacier, as we had a flight for Ushuaia at 6 pm. I had already been there but she was going to see it for the first time, so we lamented it a little bit...Well, we had a nice lunch, End of the world Ushuaialooked around and got to the airport for Ushuaia. When we arrived in Ushuaia, it was about 7 pm. We found a lovely hotel for 60 USD (the prices kept on increasing!), the owner lady was Croatian, we chatted a little and walked out to have dinner. The sun set at 12:00 midnight exactly! I had my latest dinner of the trip in Ushuaia, at 11:30 pm! When I came back to the hotel, I saw Piril having a backpain! Well, she went to bed, I went to bed at about 2 am! There was a good movie, the Devil´s Advocate, but I was fainted at the end...It is hard to sleep before the sun sets in the night time!!! Ushuaia was a place where I had been before too, so there was no plan from my side about Ushuaia. Piril went to the National Park of Tierra del Fuego, I just did some shopping and we went to the airport to pass to Buenos Aires. The flight made a stop at Trelew and we arrived in Buenos Aires at about 12:00 midnite. Our hotel was called Metro II, it was at a nice district, near Congreso...We liked the room, and just crashed!!! I had missed this glamourous city already!!! We were ready to explore it!

Buenos Aires, mi querido...

No comments: