Monday, February 11, 2008

Bariloche...A little Switzerland with its chalet houses and chocolates to die for...

Main Square of BarilocheMy flight for Bariloche was at noon...Piril had decided not to come with me, as she wanted to enjoy more of Buenos Aires. I was not feeling very well, my left chin had become huge, I had a continuous headache and tiredness...However, I decided to go, not to burn my ticket and see Bariloche. I took my Aerolineas Argentinas flight which took 2 hours 15 mins to get to Bariloche. Chocolates to die forThe weather was very sunny and nice, I just took a taxi cab to the city center, found a very cozy hotel for 35 USD per night and went out to walk around, after leaving my stuff there. I just walked a little bit to the main square to get some map and information at Tourism Info Board. My first impression was Bariloche´s being a rich, pretty and popular holiday resort for the Argentinians due to its natural beauty and country style wooden buildings. The main center was little, there was only one main street which was full of chocolate shops (the most famous one was called "Turista"), souvenir shops and cozy cafes as well as lots of pharmacies and supermarkets. BarilocheI walked around the main street, watched (just watched!) the pastry shop windows, bought a t-shirt saying "Born to be free", had a lovely lunch and bought a ticket for a boat tour for Isla Victoria on the Lake near Bariloche. Then I took the bus for Colonia Suiza to get to know the Swiss looking touristic area and came back to the hotel. I had a terrible headache after all, feeling tired, so I just went to sleep...

The next day, I woke up very early, had a quick breakfast and took the city bus for the harbor to take the boat. The harbor was very lovely, the nature was beautiful and the weather was great. The boat left at 8:30, I met some Argentinians on the boat and an Argentinian gentleman who had a Turkey hat on his head. Sr Horacio and meHe was a judge and been to Turkey with his daughter to whom was proposed by a Turkish Kurdish waiter:)))) He was from Bariloche and going to Isla Victoria for a BBQ party with his friends...We arrived first in to Bosque Arrayanes to have a short hike inside the forest. It was a dense and pretty nature. Then we took the boat again and reached Isla Victoria. The island was beautiful, great nature, nice beach, the mixture of green, blue, yellow and brown from the trees. Bariloche, Isla VictoriaI hiked slowly almost the whole day, laid down the beach, soaked my feet into the lake, as it was sooo cold...in short had a lazy day in nature. We came back at about 5 pm, I took the bus back home and jumped to another bus for Colonia Suiza, the Swiss Village. However, I just spent 15 minutes there, ran out of batteries and hopped on the last bus heading back to the "centro". I was not able to eat dinner in the evening due to my swollen chin. I took some painkiller and went to bed...

Isla Victoria, BarilocheThe next morning, I had missed the breakfast as I overslept! I was going to take a bus for Buenos Aires, which would take 18 hours, however it was a "bus cama", meaning fully reclining wide seats with meal services. Isla Victoria, BarilocheI took a taxi for the bus terminal, the bus left at 12:00 (Via Bariloche) and it was sooo comfy. I had all my meals as my chin was ok, watched all the moves on board and had a good night sleep. The bus arrived in BsAs at 6:15 am but I waited half an hour to get a taxi cab. I came back to our usual hotel in Buenos Aires, tried not to wake Piril up and made my backpack as we were heading towards São Paulo/Brazil that day.

We had our breakfast, checked out from the hotel and took the taxi cab for Ezeiza International Airport on the 31st of January, 2008. Finally, we were leaving the Spanish speaking part of Latin America and a new adventure in Brazil was waiting for us: Portugese!!! We checked in to our TAM flight from BsAs to São Paulo, the plane looked very comfy and ...Bemvindo a Brasil!

Next chapter is BRASIL!!!! Agua de coco, pão de quiejo, carnaval and big bottoms!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your views with us...blog post is actually helps a lot to me..