Sunday, December 2, 2007

We are leaving in a couple hours...


Farewell Party
Originally uploaded by karahanmine
It's a strange feeling, because I still feel like I'm just going to a regular trip, just like the others...I did not calculate the exact figure, but we'll make more than 100,000 miles in the entire trip...I'll be taking notes on everything...

I heard that coca tea it is good for weight loss...I am volunteering to try!!! It is also very good for altitude sickness...

We did the last preparations..I can't believe I take that little stuff with me...If I buy anything, I'll mail it back home, because all we bring is a 55 lt. backpack...

I had a haircut. Everyone thinks I also had it dyed...Believe me, it is my natural hair color. I had not seen it for 10 years either:))) Many think I look like Katie Holmes with this haircut (with a few extra pounds though:-P)...

This picture was taken at our farewell party with Piril, my travel companion... We even had a cake, probably the last cake during the entire trip...

We are flying out today to New York City on Turkish Airlines at 12:25 (American Airlines codeshare flight) and then pass to Miami to spend the night at Embassy Suites Miami Airport(well splurge a little before hard times)...Our plan for tomorrow is a little shopping in Miami, like sandals, pharmacy, IPOD store, electronics store etc...Then we'll catch our flight at 6:20 pm to Quito, Ecuador and will spend the night at Hotel San Fransisco de Quito, at a quiet corner of the city center...I found this hotel, we'll see how good I am in sniffing to find a good place...

I'm not bringing my laptop or PDA, we'll be dependent on internet cafes. Hope they let us upload our photos...

Bueno...tengo que irme (I gotta go!!!)

Hadi bakalim, yolumuz acik olsun:)))

No comments: